Translate

Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Easy Oven Burritos

Hellllloooooo Yankee Belle Cafe!!!

 Okay, focus. So, it's nearly the end of Speedbo and I've turned in my proposal (three weeks early, yay!) but still want to use the last week to get started on a self-pubbing project. So, I'm still cutting corners and NOT cooking gorgeous things like this pretty cheesecake. We're talking SUPER quick, SUPER EASY.

I did make these Snickerdoodles. And my four year old came into the kitchen and asked, "Can I have one of those tasty doodles?" I was confused, since that's our term for, well, you can guess. He kept going, "One of those Cindy men ones, those are the best." Yikes! Snickerdoodles will never be the same now.
Oh, and I guess I did make some home made brownies. They were dark chocolate fudge brownies with espresso flavoring and Edna was jazzed for hours. And I'm weeping into my keyboard becuase I've recently resolved to stop EATING SUGAR. I'm going to die... But I'll die healthy and skinny and possibly very grumpy.
Ok, super easy oven burritos.  Cheese, flour tortillas, canned beans, and green salsa.
Plop in a bowl. I added garlic because it's against my personal moral code to eat anything without it.
Put some beans in the middle. Lay on a few pieces of cheese.
Here's the hard part. Pull sides together, fold in other edges. Flip onto the front, seams down.
Remember we're using what we have? I have kids. They're working.
Some of the household do not enjoy those yummy beans, so here's a cheese version.
Here they are, on the sheet. We're not heading for perfection here, so this is good for me.
350F for 15-20 minutes. Really. You want them nice and crunchy. Ahhhhh.....
Here's mine. Yeah, I added a few things. Like avocados and lettuce and sour cream and some tomatoes and some more green salsa. NOM NOM NOM NOM.
And here's a gratuitous picture of another dish I made before I decided to go sugar-free. It's pineapple cake mix version of pineapple upside down cake. I'd never made them before. Here's the picture of the mini cakes. Edna did a wonderful job but they weren't a hit. Hubby loved them.Everyone else sort of shrugged and passed. I would have rather eaten the pineapple by itself.
So, that's what I've been up to in the kitchen.  I misssssed youuuuuuuuuu!!!!!

 Until next time!




 


No comments:

Post a Comment