Translate

Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Fantasy Fudge Tutorial

Hello, everybody! I hope your Christmas season has been full of family and friends and maybe even a little bit of snow.
                                                    
I've only made a fudge a few times before and I always manage to mess it up somehow. I decided this was the year that I would make perfect fudge!
So, following the directions on the back, I needed:
1 jar of marshmallow fluff
2 cans evap milk
1 1/2 cups butter
24 oz chocolate chips
6 cups sugar

                                              
But before that happened, we spent several days like this. The kids were felled by a mid-winter cold. So far, I haven't gotten it. (But now that I've written that, I'm doomed.)
                                                    
And this.
                                      

And this.
                                                               
Finally, everyone seemed to recover in time for one last party!
                                          
Someone tasted marshmallow fluff for the first time. YUMMY!!!
Bring the milk, sugar, and butter to a rolling boil. I let it boil over on the stove and once I got the mess cleaned up, I figured that was the mistake of the day and I should keep going towards success! I boiled (watching more closely) 4 more minutes, stirring constantly.
                                                  
Add chocolate chips and marshmallow fluff.

                                     
Stir until incorporated until everything is smooth.

We had some who wanted nuts, and some who did not, so we made several batches.

 I also made a small batch with espresso added, and a tin batch with Kahlua liqueur for a friend. MMMMM.
 It set up perfectly and was ready in time to cut for the party. I think they key to success was to get the mistake part out of the way early. LOL
I hope your New Year's end was a blast!. Wishing you all the very best this year! 
                                                   
One more picture of a cozy kitty. I don't like pets on the furniture but I hardly had the heart to shoo this kitty from the bed. He's such a goofball.
                                               



No comments:

Post a Comment