Translate

Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Cranberry Pecan Oatmeal Cookies

Hello, everybody! The Fresh Pioneer is back and I have a delicious cookie recipe. But first, have you ever looked around at your life and realized it's made up of small, seemingly-insignificant moments that add up to one beautiful picture? Like a quilt, our days look best from a distance. But I've been trying to be more mindful of the beauty in each moment, not waiting to see it in hindsight. Most of these moments are personal (or really odd) and can't really translate to a blog post, but these two items I noticed today looks like they might fit right in here at the cafe. 
 Introducing my little owl tea bag holder. Isn't he adorable? I was in love with this little guy from the first day he came home with me (and kept all our used tea bags from dripping on the counter). But I fell even harder for him when my five year old pointed out that his nose looks like a carrot and his eyes look like eggs. Ha! Whenever I look at him, I smile.
I have a few mugs with snowflakes (I love snowflakes, btw, and have for many years) but I found this at the library book sale. It was part of a pair, red and teal, the colors of my kitchen! This mug is so cheerful and solid, so bright and bold. It also has snowflakes inside.

So, I didn't get pictures of the process, but I did grab a shot before they were all eaten, and that's what counts, right? LOL. They were deliciously chewy, with just the right amount of crisp!
Preheat the oven to 350F.

1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup pecans, chopped
3 cups rolled oats 
1 cup dried cranberries 
Mix the sugars, eggs, vanilla together. Blend the dry ingredients. Add the two and mix well, Fold in the cranberries and pecans. Cook for 11-13 minutes.

So, what little items or moments bring YOU joy? 

I just joined Huffington Post as a blogger on their Book section so be sure to check out my newest post Ten Things Most Writers Won't Admit.  

That's all for now. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment