Translate

Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Meat N' Potatoes

Hello, everybody! I thought I'd try out some little Pinterest recipes. 
 I've heard these called hasselback potatoes but my friend says they're not hasselback if you don't add the bread crumbs. Which I didn't. So, get a large russet, slice very thin but not all the way through.
 Drizzle olive oil, making sure to get in between each slice.
 Add salt, pepper, any kind of seasoning. One of my kids wanted theirs with Seasoned Salt and that was really tasty. I opted for salt and pepper.
 Place them on a sheet with foil, into the oven at 425F for 40 minutes.
 They turned out perfectly! Crispy, salty, savory. And all in one piece. For once, not a Pinterest fail!
 
 I'm sticking this here because it's a bit too simple for its own post. My friend told me she makes delicious oven fries and the simple trick is to rinse in ice cold water to get off the starch that the potatoes leak when you cut them, pat dry and then put on the oil and salt. WOW. Big difference!
Yummy.... I cooked mine with a big piece of Kielbasa sausage and then sliced the sausage into individual servings. With some honey mustard and a big red pepper, my husband thought it was pretty tasty. Not a real vegetable in sight!

                                                    Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment