Translate

Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Blueberry Compost


 Mmmmmmm,  time for a blueberry fruit syrup/compote because it's the middle of winter and I neeeeed some sweetness.

Two cups of blueberries, one cup of water, 1/2 cup of sugar, 3 TBS lemon juice or orange juice, pinch of salt, dash of cinnamon.
Rolling boil for five minutes, stirring frequently. (Mmm, smelling good!)
1 TBS of corn starch dissolved in 1/4 cup of water. Add to bluebrries. Return to heat and stir constantly over medium high until thickened. Now's a good time to taste test (hot!) and see if it needs more lime, more sugar, or both. Some like it super sweet, but I like my syrup a bit tangy.
Oh, MERCY. Vanilla ice cream and blueberry syrup. (You can always strain out the berries if you just want the liquid, it's just as good.)
Another view. This is a very small glass. Really. It just LOOKS big. *innocent face*
And this is what one of my kids brought me. His bluebrries had 'disappeared' so he needed more.  And more. Pretty color, though. Almost like a shake.

  Okay, I'm really done now! Back to discussing ugly food...

No comments:

Post a Comment