Translate

Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Dutch Oven Roasted Chicken and Mushrooms

Hello, everybody!! I have a tasty dinner to share, but first I have to say that Blogger has decided to hate me. So, I hope this has pics when you see it. Well, actually, I hope you get to see it. (Why? Why? WHY??? But we'll never know why Blogger does the things she does.)
Anyway, onward!!

 My cast iron Dutch oven, inspired by Missy and Julie talking about cast iron! Isn't she pretty???
 One raw chicken. Not so pretty. Seared in a hot skillet with salt and olive oil, until browned. Butter stuffed under the skin, near the breasts.
 Four pounds of crimini mushrooms. I'm not a shroom fan at all. But these have a nice flavor. Not as earthy.
 Garlic. 'Nuff said.
Washed, unchopped mushrooms piled on the raw chicken.  Add in one whole head of garlic, peeled. (Yeah, baby, I'm crazy like that.) I'm forcing the lid on.
 One hour (or more, check it to be sure) in an oven at 350F, covered.
 Sliced, roasted garlic chicken with whole crimini mushrooms, and a side salad of baby spinach, dried cranberries, feta cheese and toasted walnuts.
But hubby needs some gravy. So... whisking a little flour into the drippings from the chicken. Mushroom gravy. It looks gross. Tastes amazing.
 Oh, I found this at a junk shop. Hmmmm. Looks promising! My daughters love leather purses from old storage items so I thought, even if I can't mend the strap, it might be a cute box.
 OOOOOO!!! Now, who do we have here?
 This is where his little tape would go. He's a mini movie maker. And pushing a button, everything is still moving and whirring along.
Edna demands to inspect the newcomer. He introduces himself and seems like he wins her over in about 2.5 seconds. His name is Leviathan. Sort of odd. Wasn't that the whale that swallowed Jonah? But he's mighty in charm. Definitely an extrovert.

 OK, I hope everyone has survived the Thanksgiving week and I'll see you all here next time.... if Blogger decides she loves me at the last minute. Apparently, Google Chrome is the only man she'll talk to these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment